Just put together a quick Fluid app for Twitter Search. (Fluid is a Mac specific browser designed to be used with just one app, and together with it’s user scripts, think Grease Monkey, you can mimic basic application functionality.
To do this you will need to:
- DownloadÂ Fluid
- Download the Twitter auto-reload script
- Download my lovely Hash Tag icon
- Open your Fluid app
- Enter the URL for your Twitter hashtag search, I’m at WordCamp UKÂ so I entered:Â http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23wordcampukÂ as the URL (you can obviously change the Hashtag in the search as appropriate).
- Give the Fluid app a memorable name
- Pick an icon (the one linked above is quite pretty)
- Click “Create”
- Select the curly script icon from the menubar (to the right of the “Window” menu) and choose “Open Userscripts Folder”
- Drop the Twitter auto-reload script into the folder (then close it)
- Go back to the script menu, and choose “Manage Userscripts”
- Check the box to enable”Auto reload”
- Ensure that Include has only one entry of “*” and Exclude is empty then close the dialog
- Refresh the window to kick off the new script (Apple+R)